Word of the Day: Rugose

Posted: October 25, 2013 by writingsprint in Photography
Tags: , , ,

rugoseru·gose /ˈro͞oˌgōs / adjective
1. Having many wrinkles or creases; ridged or wrinkled.
2. Botany Having a rough, wrinkled surface, as in certain prominently veined leaves.

It isn’t often that I see a word and say out loud, “What the hell does that mean?” Usually you get a pretty good idea from reading the sentence. The snarkers out there will say I need to raise my reading standards. That could be true. “Rugose” did that for me. Here’s my shot at using it in a sentence: “His rugose features came from many years of working outside in bad weather, and patience with idiots.”


What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s